Code42 is pleased to announce the availability of version 5.4 of the Code42 platform.
The 5.4 release contains a number of new features and enhancements that make it easier for you to manage your environment. Highlights include:
- Improved Code42 CrashPlan app migration wizard support for transferring Windows user settings to a replacement device
- A new interface that enables administrators to configure sending limits for device backups based on the device location
- A new single-click Compliance Settings feature to automatically restrict access to data
- Transport-layer security (TLS) is now the default messaging encryption protocol for server-to-server and client-to-server communication
- Security updates throughout the platform
For more details regarding 5.4, please view the release notes.
Upgrade to version 5.4 today
We highly recommend you upgrade your server and CrashPlan app software to version 5.4 to take advantage of these valuable enhancements. If you are a Managed Private Cloud customer, please contact our Code42 Customer Champions to request an upgrade.
SUPPORT AND POLICY REMINDERS
Per policy, Code42 enforces a minimum software version for customers who connect to the Code42 public cloud.
If your on-premises master server connects to the Code42 public cloud and your Code42 environment is on version 184.108.40.206 or earlier, you must upgrade both your server and clients by February 20, 2017 to maintain backup and restore functionality.
- You must upgrade your server to version 220.127.116.11 or later and your client applications to version 4.5.2 and/or 5.1.2 or later by February 20, 2017.
- If your Code42 servers and client applications are not upgraded by February 20, 2017, your client devices will no longer back up to or restore from the Code42 public cloud as of February 21, 2017.
If you have further questions, please contact our Code42 Customer Champions.
The Code42 Team