CrashPlan, CrashPlan PRO and CrashPlan PROe on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Beginning with software released in July 2012, installers for all products no longer support systems running Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
Unsupported Beginning in July 2012
Installers of CrashPlan products of the following versions or later cannot be run on Mac OS X 10.4:
- CrashPlan version 3.2.1
- CrashPlan PRO version 3.2.1
- CrashPlan PROe version 3.3
Supported Through 2012
Software released July 2012 - December 31, 2012 for all CrashPlan products support Mac OS X 10.4 via upgrades only.
Installing CrashPlan Products on Mac OS X 10.4
CrashPlan, CrashPlan PRO or CrashPlan PROe software cannot be installed directly onto a Mac OS X 10.4 system. However, a previous version can be installed and upgraded. To install software on a Mac OS X 10.4 system, please follow the instructions below.
CrashPlan, CrashPlan PRO and PROe Client
- Install the the following previous version of the software:
- Enter details to create a new account or sign into an existing account
- Submit info
The client software for all products automatically upgrades once a connection has been made to its server or data center.
- Install PROe Server version 184.108.40.206
- Upgrade PROe Server to the current version
- If you are recovering a PROe Server or moving an existing PROe Server to a different host, import your PROe Server database at this time
Unsupported Beginning in 2013
Running any version of CrashPlan, CrashPlan PRO or CrashPlan PROe released in 2013 or beyond on Mac OS X 10.4