HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE CODE42 USER FORUMS!
These forums are intended to promote and support a CrashPlan community in which CrashPlan users can learn from each other. While Code42 Support will be moderating and contributing posts, this is your community. Ask questions. Answer questions. Offer tips. Make suggestions. Share comments and caveats.
Create an Account for Full Access to Topics
Forum accounts are completely separate from CrashPlan user accounts, so you'll need to sign up, even if you're already using CrashPlan. Here's how to create a forum account so that you can get started.
For full access to all forum topics, create an account and log in.
We ask that you abide by a few guidelines to make the Code42 User Forums a helpful and friendly place.
- Please write your posts in English. While Code42 has a worldwide presence, at this time our support team is only able to read / respond in English.
- Take care not to use ALL CAPS in your posts. Writing in all caps is universally seen as yelling or shouting and is considered impolite (in addition to making your post difficult to read.)
- Avoid posting private information such as your license information, password, Computer ID / GUID or backup code.
- Choose a subject line that summarizes the question or issue, then provide full details in the message body. This helps others help you.
- Good subject line: How can I set up port forwarding on my Linksys WRT54G router?
- Bad subject line: HELP ME!
- Include enough detail in your post so someone unfamiliar with your setup can help. Remember, other users are not looking at your screen. Some things that are helpful:
- Whether a computer is at a local site or a remote site
- Hardware specs
- What screen you're looking at
- If you're a CrashPlan for Home customer, indicate whether you're using CrashPlan or CrashPlan+
- Post new topics in the appropriate forums. For example, put CrashPlan PRO questions in the CrashPlan PRO General Discussion forum, not in the CrashPlan for Home Feature Requests forum.
- Post your topic to one forum. We'll remove duplicate postings if we see the same topic posted in several locations.
- Keep posts on-topic. The forums are here to help support users of CrashPlan and SharePlan, so keep the discussion focused and relevant to the topic you are replying to. We reserve the right to move or delete anything off-topic.
- Refrain from using profanity. Topics or posts deemed inappropriate will be edited or removed.
- And of course most importantly, treat others with respect. Topics or posts deemed inappropriate will be edited or removed.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT RESOURCES
These forums are just one part of the CrashPlan Support offerings. We also provide online documentation and support directly from our team in Minneapolis. Check the online documentation for full support options and contact info.