If you have stopped using an old computer, added a new computer accidentally, or need to remove a computer for a different reason, you can do so by deactivating the device from the Code42 console. Use the steps below to deactivate a computer, thereby removing it from your CrashPlan for Small Business account and removing the device charge from your monthly subscription renewal rate.
CrashPlan for Small Business subscriptions require a minimum of one device registered to the account. If you have removed all devices on your account, you will still be billed the minimum charge. If you want to stop using CrashPlan for Small Business, you can cancel your subscription.
Deactivating a device will immediately delete all cloud and local backup data associated with that device ID.
- Sign in to the Code42 console
- Click Devices > Active on the left of the page
- Click on the name of the device that you want to deactivate, so that the Device Information pane is shown
- Open the Action Menu ⚙ in the top-right of the Device Information pane
- Select Deactivate from the list in the action menu
- When prompted, check the box and click OK to confirm the device deactivation and data deletion