If you are already backing up your data to the cloud, you might want to add an external drive (or network storage device on Mac and Linux) to have a local copy on-hand in case of data loss. This increases the integrity of your backup solution and can help you recover your data faster in the event of a disaster. You can easily back up your files to an external drive as well as our cloud following these steps:
- Open the Code42 app.
- Navigate to Backup Set Settings:
- Select .
- Select Backup Sets.
- At Destinations, click Change.
- Select Add Local Destination.
The file browser for your device opens.
- Select the drive or folder you want to back up to.
The new drive appears in the list of available destinations.
- Select the local destination that you added.
- Click Save.
Please note: To add a backup destination, you must have full permissions and access to the local destination (All operating systems) or network location (on Mac and Linux) you wish to add.