A CrashPlan for Small Business backup is considered complete when it has backed up 100% of the file selection. CrashPlan for Small Business is designed to alert you if the backups aren't reaching 100% completion.
You can see the difference in the backup report email and in the Code42 console. Last backup activity (Last activity in the console) was the last time any amount of files were successfully backed up. Last completed backup (Completed in the console) was the last time the Code42 app backed up 100% of the file selection. You could be backed up 99.9% successfully, and still receive an alert. There are a few reasons why this might occur:
Unable to back up files
When the Code42 app reports that it is unable to back up some of your files, you will see a line in the History log that will read Unable To Back Up # Files with the exact number of files the app couldn't back up. Note the date of the line, and see if it applies to a recent backup. We have a detailed article with instructions for how to determine what files are affected and how to resolve the issue:
If the Code42 app is set to back up on a set schedule, it may not have enough time to complete depending on how much data needs to be backed up.
You can change your backup schedule from the Code42 console.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Click on Devices > Active and click the name of your computer to bring up Device Details.
- In the upper right corner, select the Action menu and click Edit.
- The Device Backup Settings window appears, select the Backup tab.
- Under Backup will run, if Between specified times is selected, you can edit the window of time and the days your backup will run. If backups aren't completing, try adding more time to your schedule.
Energy and Sleep Settings
The Code42 app will only back up your files if your computer is powered on and not asleep. When your computer goes to sleep, the Code42 app will stop backing up. Adjust the power or energy settings for your computer so the Code42 app can run as long as it needs before your computer goes to sleep or powers off.