The Code42 app requires system resources to encrypt, compress, and de-duplicate your files before sending, and also de-encrypt and decompress when you Restore. You can adjust the amount of CPU the Code42 app can use, depending on whether you want to conserve resources or allow jobs to run faster.
- Sign in to the Code42 console
- Select Devices > Active to see your list of devices
- Double-click the name of the computer you want to modify to bring up the Device Details window
- Select the gear icon in the top-right and select Edit.
- Select the General tab and increase or decrease the percentage as desired under the "When user is away, use up to" and "When user is present, use up to" fields.
How much CPU does the Code42 app need?
We recommend you set the Away CPU usage to at least 50% and the Present CPU usage to at least 20%.
If you are experiencing slow backup or restore speeds, consider setting the Away usage to 85% or higher and scheduling your backup or restore for times when you will not be using your device.
Note: Setting CPU values to the minimum level may result in slow performance.
When is the user "present" or "away"?
The Code42 app uses input activity to determine if a user is "away." A user is "away" when there is no keyboard and mouse activity for the amount of time you set in the User Is Away When Not Active For setting.