In order to back up your files, you need to install the Code42 app on your computer. You might need to do this if you are adding a computer for the first time, are adding additional computers to CrashPlan for Small Business, or needed to uninstall due to an error or other issue.
Download the Code42 App
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click on App Downloads.
- Click the appropriate Download icon for your device's operating system.
We recommend you download the latest version of the Code42 app (the highest numbered one is the latest).
Note: On Windows computers we recommend you download the 64 bit installer.
Install the Code42 app
Once you have downloaded the installer, you need to install the Code42 app on your computer.
- Run the Code42 app installer on the device where you want to install the app.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the .tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script:
- Follow the instructions in the Code42 installer. We recommend most users install For Everyone.
- After the installation is complete, the Code42 app will open automatically.
- Sign in to the Code42 app with your account email and password.
How do I add a computer to my CrashPlan account?
The first time you install Code42 on a computer and sign in to the app, that computer is automatically added to your account. Just click "Add a destination" on the Home screen and select CrashPlan PRO Cloud.
When you want to add a second computer to your CrashPlan for Small Business account, just follow these steps:
- Download the Code42 app on that new computer and install it.
- Sign in with your CrashPlan for Small Business email and password.
- You will be prompted to "Add A New Device" or "Replace A Device."
- Choose Add A New Device.
This will add the computer to your CrashPlan for Small Business account as a new device with its own unique backup.