In order to back up your files, you need to install the Code42 desktop app on your computer. You might need to do this if you are adding a computer for the first time, are adding additional computers to CrashPlan, or needed to uninstall due to an error or other issue.
Follow these instructions to download and install the app on your computer.
Download the Code42 App
- Sign in to the Code42 console
- On the left-hand sidebar, click on App Downloads.
- Click the appropriate Download icon for your device's operating system.
We recommend you download the latest version of Code42 (the highest numbered one is the latest).
Note: On Windows computers we recommend you download the 64 bit installer.
Install the Code42 app
Once you have downloaded the installer, you need to install the Code42 app on your computer.
- Run the Code42 app installer on the device where you want to install the app.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the .tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script:
- Follow the instructions in the Code42 installer. We recommend most users install For Everyone.
- After the installation is complete, the Code42 app will open automatically.
- Sign in to the Code42 app with your account email and password.
How do I add a computer to my CrashPlan account?
The first time you install Code42 on a computer and sign in to the app, that computer is automatically added to your account. Just click "Add a destination" on the Home screen and select CrashPlan PRO Cloud.
When you want to add a second computer to your CrashPlan for Small Business account, just follow these steps:
- Download the Code42 app on that new computer and install it.
- Sign in with your CrashPlan for Small Business email and password.
- You will be prompted to "Add A New Device" or "Replace A Device."
- Choose Add A New Device.
This will add the computer to your CrashPlan for Small Business account as a new device with its own unique backup.