When your device is unable to connect to a backup destination, the Code42 app displays the message “Cannot connect to destination. If the problem continues, contact your administrator or support for assistance” for that destination. Additionally, you might receive an email alert notifying you that the device “has been unable to reach any backup destinations for X Days”. Check the circle next to the destination's name:
- A green check indicates the destination is connected.
- A spinning grey circle indicates your device can't connect to the destination.
- A red exclamation point indicates your device has been unable to connect to the destination for more than the number of days set in your alert preferences.
This issue can occur for a number of reasons. Follow the instructions below in the order they are presented.
Re-authenticate with the destination
- Open the Code42 app.
- If necessary, sign in to your account.
- Use the keyboard shortcut for your operating system:
- Windows and Linux: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Mac: Option+Command+C
- Enter this command:
- Press Enter.
This closes the Code42 app, reauthenticates the Code42 app with the Code42 server, and then restarts the Code42 service.