With the release of Code42 app 8.2.0 for CrashPlan for Small Business, we removed the word “CrashPlan” and replaced it with “Code42” for process names and certain directories on Windows and macOS. This change is purely cosmetic and is part of an effort to make our branding more consistent - your product and subscription have not changed.
If you can't find the Code42 app or notice that your usual shortcut or pin to access the Code42 app no longer works, you will need to add a new shortcut for the newly named app as outlined below for your specific operating system:
1. Open the Start Menu in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
2. Type Code42 into the search box.
3. Right-click the Code42 app icon and select "Pin to Start Menu" or "Pin to taskbar".
1. Open Finder, then select your Applications Folder.
2. Locate Code42 and drag the app to the Dock.
You can remove the previous broken shortcuts by right-clicking "Remove from Start Menu/Taskbar" on Windows or simply dragging the icon off the Dock on Mac.