To use two-factor authentication, you will need an application or plugin to generate verification codes to login. We test and recommend the applications listed below, but any Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) application should work.
Mobile app authentication
Enable two-factor authentication
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select User Account Settings.
- In the Two-Factor Authentication section, select Enabled.
- Click Save.
After enabling two-factor authentication, sign out of the console from the top-right user profile menu.
Complete two-factor authentication setup
- Sign back in to the Code42 console.
The Set Up Two-Factor Authentication message appears.
- Using your mobile app authenticator, scan the QR code provided (see sample below) or manually enter the displayed code in your authenticator browser plugin.
- In the Set Up Two-Factor Authentication message, enter the verification code displayed in your authenticator mobile app or authenticator browser plugin.
- Click Sign In.
If you have additional questions about two-factor authentication, check out our Two-factor authentication FAQ