There are a few reasons that an "invalid error code might occur:
Setup is incomplete
Each QR code used for setting up two-factor authentication is valid only for a limited time, usually a few minutes. If setup isn't completed before the code expires, the account added to your authenticator won't work. To resolve:
- Remove the Code42 account previously added to your authenticator. Do not skip this step.
- Refresh the sign in page in your web browser and sign in again, if prompted.
- Scan the QR code or manually enter the code as a new account in your authenticator.
- Enter the verification code from your authenticator in the last step of the sign in screen.
Entering a code from a different account
If you have multiple two-factor authentication accounts set up in your authenticator, you may accidentally enter the code corresponding to a different account. Double-check the account associated with the code you are using and try again.
Device time is out of sync
If your device times are off, the authentication process may fail. We recommend checking your device time at https://time.is/. If the device time is off, the best way to resolve is to ensure the time is set automatically:
- Change the time - iOS
- Set time, date & time zone - Android
- Set the date and time on your Mac
- How to set your time and time zone - Windows
Need help setting up two-factor authentication? Check out our video guide and Two-factor authentication FAQ.
Article is closed for comments.